+356 77 77 77 77
Rates & Services
To apply for driving lessons in Malta students MUST:
- Be eighteen years or over
- Have a Maltese I.D. (Identity Card)
This will enable them to be fully insured when applying for a Learners' Permit (Provisional Driving Licence) that is valid for a period of three years. Students must start lessons only after obtaining the Learners' Permit issued by Transport Malta (TM).
At Royal Motoring School we provide FREE:
- Medical certification for your driving application
- Passport photo
- Photocopies of necessary documents
- Lectures (starting in mid-June - 1st lecture compulsory)
Every Saturday a doctor is available at our offices between 13:00 and 14:00 and he will carry out the medical test required to apply for the Learner's Permit.
Students who cannot come to the office on a Saturday may contact an instructor from the Instructor's Page, or call on 7777-7777, and the student will be provided with the application, which he will fill in himself just like students from ALL the other motoring schools do.
If you are presently taking driving lessons with another motoring school and would like to change to our school, you will not be subjected to any changeover fees.
Students can study for the Malta Driving Theory Test and Malta Driving Practical Test by viewing the documents listed below, and will also be invited to attend lectures at Royal Motoring School offices in Attard. This ensures that students receive all the assistance needed to pass the theory and driving examinations.
A driving licence application costs €47 and covers TM (Transport Malta) processing fees, full driving insurance cover and provisional driving licence, valid for three years, issued by the Government of Malta.
Government Theory Test fee is €30.25. The Government Theory Test Centre is located at Gwardamangia Hill, Gwardamangia, freephone 8007 2393, tel: 2122 7190.
Save Time and Money with Royal Motoring School!
Our students are professionally guided to sit for the Theory and Practical Exams as quickly as possible to ensure that they do not take more lessons than required, thus saving time and money!
- Manual: Every 45 minutes – €10
- Manual: One-and-a-half hours: €20
- Automatic: Every hour – €15
At Royal Motoring School we have a selection of different cars, fully equipped with air conditioning, power steering, power windows, air-bags, etc...
Malta Driving Theory Test Documentation:
- Malta Driving Theory Studies - Maltese
- Malta Driving Theory Studies - English
- 7 Different Driving Theory Tests with Answers - English
Guidelines for practical driving test in Malta:
- Guidelines for Driving Instructors and Examiners
- Guidelines for Conducting Practical Tests
- Appendix 1 – Safety Check Questions (Category A vehicles)
- Grievous Mistakes, Once and you Fail the Test